• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

How Do I Encode In Quicktime

Just wondering like the title says how i can encode into the quicktime format. Do i have to encode in say DivX or XviD or even just avi format and then encode/turn it into quicktime format. I don't think i could encode staright from the vob format though could i?

P.S even if i did manage to encode in quicktime what would the quality be like, but most importantly would the size of a say 1:23mins film be bigger than DivX (700mb) thanks veru much if it gets answered.
    Computer Fanatic
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I presume your purpose in converting to Quicktime format is so that the file can be played on a Mac. If so, use the 3IVX codec to create your .AVI, as it is a cross-platform (PC/MAC, MAC/PC) codec...

Comment

• rdgrimes
      • Dec 2003

If you don't mind paying, Canopus Procoder Express will do the job.

Comment

• zx50
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Aug 2003

Thanks for replying both, setarip, no it is for windows. Also one last thing, do you need the registered version of quicktime.
        Computer Fanatic

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Please be good enough to explain why you would want to encode to quicktime format for PC playback...

Comment

• zx50
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Aug 2003

?????????? just to see if it is any good with the picture that's all.
            Computer Fanatic

Comment

Working...