Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sidefx
    • Feb 2002

error wrong version

Can someone help? I recently had a problem with windows media player 6 not playing audio on avi files with audio v2 encoding. Read that I needed to install and run NEMO patch. This did fix the problem on one avi but created another! Now, when clicking a link to a mpeg or avi file from the web, the entire file loads but will not start playing imediately. An error pops up saying "Wrong File Version". Click OK and it returns only to warn you again. After 4 or 5 times of this, the movie will play but seams to be larger than it's supposed to be. I have un-installed NEMO and dl'd media player 7 with the same results. Avi's and mpeg's work fine offline. Just have this problem online. I have search Microsofts knowledge base with no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Although I'm not familiar with the "Nemo patch", I can tell you that the audio format you refer is included as part of the DivX 3.11 alpha codec - and it runs more properly with Windows media Player v.6.4xx than it does with v.7.xxx.

Comment

• sidefx
      • Feb 2002

Thanks dude, I got it working. Seams NEMO screwed up DirectX 8.0.... Reloaded directx, even tho it tested fine in dxdiag... That got the streaming file to behave correctly with no errors but it couldnt download appropriate compressor to play the video. I then installed Divx 3.11 and all is well. Just installed Divx 4.12 bundled with the Playa and so far so good...
      I'm still a bit confused on divx.. do you need different versions installed or does the lastest version sufice??

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Make certain to keep the DivX v.3.11 alpha codec installed on your system. When installing v.4.12, which is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT codec (not an update of 3.11), be ccertain to answer "NO" to "Do you want 4.12 to run v.3.11 videos?"

Comment

Working...