Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TechDude
    • Jan 2004

Video flips near end of movie

I'm using the latest XviD codec set from Keopi (1.0 RC1) with Windows XP SP1 and Windows Media Player 9.

Near the end of the movie the video will get chopy for a second then flip suddenly. (I had the same issue with Beta 3)

The video remains flipped even if you stop and start the movie over. The only way to get the movie back to it's original state is to close Windows Media Player and open it again.

I know I can use another video player.. blah blah blah... but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to remedy the problem within Windows Media Player.

I'm planning on installing Windows XP Media Center Edition so that I can integrate this PC into my entertainment center. This means that the videos need to play through the standard Windows Media Player that Windows XP MCE uses to be of any use to me via the remote control.

I'm having the problem on two different systems so Im fairly certain it's not a problem with teh system configuration. I can also drop down to an older codec and the flip does not occur. (But the video quality is worse)

Any tips, ideas or simply feedback letting me know this happens to other people, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    TechDude
    Last edited by TechDude; 30 Jan 2004, 04:55 PM.
Working...