Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keith987
    • Feb 2004

XviD system requirements?

My computer is a 233MHz Pentuim MMX with 80 MB of memory and a Diamond Viper V550 video card with 16MB memory - old, but it serves me fine except for one detail. When I try to play XviD-encoded AVI files, the video is clear but does not flow smoothly - it plays more like a slide show than a movie, displaying a few frames, freezing for a moment and jumping ahead, and is never in sync with the audio (which plays flawlessly).

I suspect the computer is at fault because I tried some of the movies that won't play right on a newer computer using the same codec that is on mine, and they played perfectly. Before I go about trying all the different codecs out there, I want to confirm whether the problem is in fact codec-related or with the computer itself. I have not seen any information indicating that XviD requires a certain processor or amount of memory, and it would be pointless to try another codec if the computer is incapable of processing the file. Does anyone know what the system requirements for XviD are?
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

I've played xvid and divx on my older computer without any problems. 200mmx, 64mg ram, 4mg trident video card. Try FFDshow.

Comment

• qpito7
      • Sep 2003

yesterday i had the same problem..... i install ffdshow and now its run smoothly....

nice stuff it helps me out of the edge...

its me,

Qpito7

FWD# 96029

Comment

Working...