Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gagsvideo
    • Feb 2004

uni project dvd to mov conversion

is there anyway i can convert a clip of a dvd into a quicktime mov file.My assignment needs to be handed in in mov format.

I would like to go from dvd to mov without converting it to another format eg dvd-divx-then mov as this will decrease quality.

i'm not sure if dvd straight to mov can be done

any help woulg be useful

thanks

gags
  • decryptit
    • Jan 2004

you can yse dvd s avi program then use the avi to convert to mov.
    Why do you need mov format.
    Total Number Of Views
    Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• gagsvideo
      • Feb 2004

the project for uni requires i hand it in in mov format probs because they use macs at uni.

whats the program called again?

is there no way of doing it directly without encoding to another format first?

thanks

gags

Comment

• decryptit
        • Jan 2004

the project for uni (UNI ???)
        Look at this the most common program tends to be like this.

WinMPG Video Convert is a complete solution for video file converting. It supports conversion AVI to Mpeg1, AVI to Mpeg2, AVI to DVD, AVI to VCD, AVI to SVCD, all media format to DivX, and all to AVI. WinMPG Video Convert is a media file converter. It supports almost all video file formats, including AVI, Mpg, Mpeg, Mpeg1, Mpeg2, Mpeg4, VCD, SVCD, DVD, DivX, ASF, WMV, and QuickTime MOV.

Reviews
        2003-08-03 NR Michail NR/10
        2004-02-26 1 simon777 Paid 30$ for this piece of ****. It crashes or creates corrupt files. DO NOT BUY this crap
        2004-02-20 8 Jauser AVOne also supports WMV/ASF to MPEG/VCD even RealMedia format. Check it out on www.mpgdvd.com
        2004-02-19 1 Ghistos Didn't work for me. Tried to convert mov to avi, always get a flag error.
        2004-02-17 10 aaronagarcia how can i convert a mpg. to mpeg2-svcd to play on a cd-r on my apex dvd player.What program should i use!!!!
        2004-02-14 1 crwillis sucks - couldn't convert from wmv to mpg
        2004-02-13 2 abcyyz Can anybody tell me how I can convert multiple WMV files to MPEG for VCD burning. I haven't found anything!!!! abcyyz@hotmail.com if you can help!
        2004-02-13 9 mikeuk Easy Peasy...Works Great!
        2004-02-10 10 ibras I only tried mov to avi convertion. It is working great.
        2004-02-08 1 freeuser I only tried mov to avi convertion. It did not work.
        2004-02-04 2 coolaidekid Umm, first off, I am looking for a converter to cvt AVI to MOV and AVI to MPG. This thing does not convert anything to MOV. Secondly, this looked like a great tool till I tried to use it. BLAMMO!! Illegal instruction errors.... No matter how pretty it is, if it don't work it is no use to anyone. I give it a two for just being pretty.
        2004-02-03 10 swiller greate tools with so many functions
        2004-02-01 1 trp Crashes after 37% transfer from avi to mpeg every time. Don't loose your time on this one.
        2004-01-31 5 bli it works properly only while converting from mov to avi. if you want to convert other formats it doesn't work!!
        2004-01-29 1 peppegp bought 10 days ago,still unable to register. I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!
        Total Number Of Views
        Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...