X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johannes
    • Feb 2002

Some divx files video plays too slow

Hi,

I've downloaded quite a few video files and most of them work fine, but a few of them doesn't play properly. When I try to play them in The Playa the audio works fine, the video works too but plays very slow, like slow motion but the audio goes on at normal speed. I have tried to download different codecs, but nothing seems to work.

In the Windows file property window the video is said to be DIVXMPEG4 V3, although many other files of the same type works fine.

Any suggestions?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try playing them under Windows Media Player...

Comment

• johannes
      • Feb 2002

Been there done that,

but WMP does not even recognise the files as video/audio files - instead of a 45 minute video it tries to play it as a three hour audio file which of course fails.

Comment

• Angus
        • Feb 2002

I found a copy of WMP 6.4 included in the XP install (I wasn't able to install 7.1, XP wouldn't let me) and it played the file better than The Playa.

I do have the problem with the video staying behind with some files. I tend to think that it's the video card not good enough to handle a 150+ megs file with only 25 minutes of content.

But it may be something related to XP or some other configuration you may know, that's why I ask.

As to the original question here, look for the WMP 6.4 that's inside the WMP 8 folder (it has some other name, but it's a .exe)

Good luck

and if any of you can help me with my problem, please tell me. Thx

Comment

• johannes
          • Feb 2002

Thanks for the tip,

using the older version of WMP solved my problem.

Comment

Working...