• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GazongaGizmo
    • Mar 2004

xvid: all messed up pixels, although codec is accepted

hi
    got a friggin huge problem!

some episodes of twin peaks (season 2) play all crappy and pixeled and stuff. i can't explain it. the codec is accepted - with virtualdub i can skip to a ceratin frame and no pixels are there. if i play with vd, however, it's all pixeled and stuff. i researched a bit and someone said that with the xvid codec from 12-05-2002 and vidomi player everything should be fine, but even with that xvid codec and every vidomi-version nothin works. with that xvid codec the video file does play (with any other codec the player f'cks up, even vd f'cks up), but as i said, it's all pixeled and ... stuff ... now: how can i get to the video data without pixely stuff?? i tried recoding it with divx using vd, but it doesn't work. at about 200 mb (normal file is 350 mb big) vd f'cks up. tmpgenc doesn't work either, nor does simply dragging-and-dropping it into nero. is there any other way to recode it into whatever, i'd even be satisfied with wmv or asf!!

i'll post screenshots of gspot later, i'm using a school pc right now. any suggestions??
    Last edited by GazongaGizmo; 26 Mar 2004, 05:08 AM.
  • GazongaGizmo
    • Mar 2004

here's what gspot said.
    Attached Files

Comment

• GazongaGizmo
      • Mar 2004

and this is how it plays. converting it to mpeg by tmpgenc does exactly what it should. but the video data itself seems pixeled and stuff!

and this frame is one of the best!!
      Attached Files

Comment

• GazongaGizmo
        • Mar 2004

ahhh!! it finally works!
        thanks to somebody whatever-his-name-was in another xvid-plays-****ep-up-thread. i used http://www.ligh.de/software/ffdshow/...w-20040319.exe and the newest vidomi player version (0.469), then it finally worked!

Comment

• alltopone
          • Apr 2004

how did u fix it?I even can't complete the following file installation.Thanks
          Originally posted by GazongaGizmo
          ahhh!! it finally works!
          thanks to somebody whatever-his-name-was in another xvid-plays-****ep-up-thread. i used http://www.ligh.de/software/ffdshow/...w-20040319.exe and the newest vidomi player version (0.469), then it finally worked!

Comment

• GazongaGizmo
            • Mar 2004

hm... i simply installed that ffdshow.exe, then i installed the newest vidomi player-version (in the setup you have to check "install xvid-12-05-2002"), then it worked....

Comment

Working...