Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eastwind
    • Feb 2004

Problem convering AVI using Tmpgenc

I have a collection of AVI files which I want to write to a video DVD, a number of AVI files do not convert well. The wave files have no problems at all, but the M2V video files either gave me a blank black screen or the video will play for 1 or 2 seconds and then freeze.

It also causes Window Media Player to behave strangely, when I shut it off, although it vanishes from screen, it is still running and I have to "stop Process" using task manager.

Some AVI files were downloaded and some were converted from Quicktime movie files using RADVIDEO. I am using Windows XP Pro and Tmpgenc 2.521.58.169.

I have not changed any settings on Tmpgenc, cos I don;t know how, so everything is set at default.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab, rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will allow the program to open a properly encoded AVI file. Also, are you using the "Project Wizard" templates to create a DVD compliant mpeg file?
    Last edited by ormonde; 4 Apr 2004, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• eastwind
      • Feb 2004

Problem solved: Altough the is no picture in Windows Media Player, when imported into Tmpgenc DVD Author, everything is fine.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Problem solved: Altough the is no picture in Windows Media Player, when imported into Tmpgenc DVD Author, everything is fine."

Glad to hear you solved your problem. Regarding Windows Media Player, you may need a specific codec from Microsoft.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Altough the is no picture in Windows Media Player"

That's only because you don't have an MPEG-2 video codec associated with / registered with Windows...

Comment

Working...