X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    • Apr 2004

Playback rate problem with divx .avi files

Hi, thanks for reading.

Here's my main problem: I've tried to play a number of different divx encoded files on a bunch of different players - bsplayer, winamp (h8 h8 h8), the official divx player, the windows media player, all with the same result: The playback rate is over twice what it should be.

Sound attempts to keep track but fails, of course.

At first I was concerned that it was my divx decoder that was outdated, so I uninstalled as well as I could and reinstalled the newest one, but symptoms are the same.

I'm running '98 on an athlon 2400, msi nforce2 mobo, dual channel corsair ram (2x256mb), asus gf4 ti4600ultra.

Problem occurred recently but the exact reasons for it I can't determine.

Other things I've tried:
    setting color reso to 16bit instead of 32
    uninstalling all players (realplayer, bsplayer, divx) and reinstalling just divx.

I'm stumped, any help is much appreciated.
  • Exar Kun
    • Mar 2004

Same prob. over here!!

That's great that you mentioned is. I got the same problem with encoding the "T.w.o. T.o.w.e.rs" but no one seems to know what to do. Every time I try to play the DivX files on a media player like, Windows Media Player, the sound is all out of sync with the movie. It sounds like it's in fast forword.

I suspect that it might have something to do with how you set the KBPS Audio settings in the Advanced Settings using Auto GK.
    You also have to be carefull how you set the Predefined option for selecting the output size of your project.

Ex: if you want to break ur project up into 2 cd's or 3.

I don't know much about DivX files yet so I might not be of huge help to you but I'm sure it's not your system fault.

For a start, if ur using Auto GK, what settings are you selecting for the Audio under Advanced settings. This is important if you have a long movie that your splitting up into multiple cd's.

And for the skeptics out there all my Codecs are fine. It's not the codecs, we're probably messing up the options and settings in the Auto GK. That's all I know. Still haven't figured out how to solve this prob.

My earlier post is still there in the playback section with no replies under the title of "Audio Playback Glitches."

Hope I was of some minute help to you.

Comment

• Dane
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the follow up; maybe I wasn't quite clear. It's actually *both' sound and video that's too speedy (approx 2.5 times normal speed).

Still clueless here

Comment

Working...