X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Da_ShArK
    • Apr 2004

Removing translation from films.

Hey ya all.
    I just downloaded this .AVI film in DivX format that I really like and wanna watch. The film plays perfectly, but the speech is in Russian, and I cannot understand a word in Russian! I can hear in the background they are speaking English, but there is some kind of a translation.
    Is there any way the Russian translation can get removed, so the film remains in English only. The film is ripped from the TV. I hope this info is enough for someone who can help me.
    If you have any info that can be useful, please reply.
  • SpikeSpiegel
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

If there's only one audio track it's almost impossible

if there are 2audio streams (some programs read each track simultaneously) you can erase one of 'em (if you don't know how, I can explain it briefly).

to verify how many they are, open the file with VirtualDubMod and go to: "streams/stream list" and...count them

Comment

• Da_ShArK
      • Apr 2004

There is only 1 stream... But I already got one russian friend who translated more or less nearly everything and I got some subtitles. Thanx 4 the help anyway.

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2003

Ok.
        I was just guessing, is it hunt for red october?
        I have the original DVD and there are some un-translated speeches...great movie anyway!

Comment

• defuentes
          • Apr 2004

Hey SpikeSpiegel I am interested in how to erase one audio stream from a DivX file, can you explain it please!

Comment

• Da_ShArK
            • Apr 2004

It's not hunt for red october, but i've seen that and it's great. the film is futurama, i got 1 episode which is in rusian, but thats fine now. and one more thing SpikeSpiegel, can you explain how to delete an audio stream anyway.

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Apr 2003

Load the AVI file on VirtualDubMod, then select "Video/direct stream copy" and open the window "audio/stream list":
              double click on the stream you wanna erase (or slect it and click on "disable"), right click on the other stream and select "direct stream copy", close the window (OK) and save the new file (it would take a 1-3 minutes).

Easy, isn't it?

Comment

• Da_ShArK
                • Apr 2004

Thanx 4 da info. I really found it usefull. I hope 'defuentes' finds it usefull 2.

Comment

Working...