Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveh2001
    • Apr 2004

VHS Capturing

Hi i have a number of questions to ask, ive been trying to capture some old VHS tapes to either DVD MPEG2 or DIVX, but havent decided which yet, But the problem lies with the transfer into the computer. I have a ATI Radeon 9600xt card (where apparently ati's multimedia centre is the best program to use for capturing on an ATI card but it doesnt work on my card ) and wether i play a video either through a VCR/TV Combi system (which i think is the best option due to auto tracking ) or a standalone VCR the image appears with some interference which ruins the picture (see picture link)

(PS the bottom half shouldnt be ligter then the rest of it thats something different) The interference i mean is the regular spaced horizontal lines accross the picture which you can see if you zoom in slightly. As the tapes are quite poor quality anyway i want to get the best capture i can. I also have an old Haupagge Win TV which i thought as it is speciallised it may have a better picture then the VIVO of the ATI card but i couldnt get that working in xp Anyway so i wondered if anyone knew what sort of intereference those lines could be linked to? Incidently ive tried it out of both a tv vcr combi and a standalone and the interference is there in both, but a normal tv channel appears without the interference!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Steve

PS Incidently i am using iuvcr at the moment for capturing as this seems the most proffessional program that works for capturing
Working...