Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Maynard
    • Jan 2003

DTS Audio encoding

Here's a problem I'm having. What I am trying to do is to take all the cool sounding scenes from movies, rip them from the DTS soundtrack, use Besweet to extract the 6 waves and then use Surcode to reencode it as a DTS Wave file. I want to then burn that as an audio CD so I can have one CD with all the best sounding scenes from all of my movies. This will make it quicker and easier to demo my home theater sound system.

I'm having a problem with the .dts file. I can use DVD2AVI to extract the .dts file but I cannot get Besweet or any other program to convert it to what I want. It always fails immediately. I can take the file and reencode it as a .dts file but that won't work for me. I want a DTS encoded wave file and I can't get it to work. I have no problems taking a .ac3 and extracting the 6 waves from it. I just can't do it with a .dts file.
    Any ideas?
  • The Maynard
    • Jan 2003

So far this is what I've done. I've been using Besweet and AziDTS. I've been using DVD2AVI to extract the .dts file. Trying to use Besweet to convert that to either a DTS/wav file or trying to split it into six wavs. No luck. I kept getting an error about the Iviaudio.ax.

I downloaded it and registered it and then it would bring up a configuration window when I used Besweet. It was asking me to select the number of channels I wanted but 6 channels was never available only Dolby Surround and Stereo. Lately, though, it's been freezing my system up when that comes up so I have to press the reset button.

Then I've been trying to use Besweet to access the .VOB file and tell it which audio channel to decode but that doesn't do a damned thing. I've even been using Vobrator to change which channel the DTS track is on, but nothing.

I've been using BeSure also with no success. I can get all of these programs to work perfectly with the ac3 file but they **** up when it comes to the dts file. I need help!!!

Comment

• YOMO
      • May 2004

try using VOBrator Beta Release 0.Features:
      ---------
      This program has the following features:

- Demux Video/Audio streams directly from DVD
      - Preview of vob-IDs
      - Converts DTS - PCM DTS
      - Nice GUI2

Comment

• The Maynard
        • Jan 2003

Once it's in the PCM DTS format is it possible to burn that directly to an Audio CD to play on the DVD player? Or does this need to be converted into something else?

Comment

• YOMO
          • May 2004

you should be able to burn it like an audio CD

Comment

• The Maynard
            • Jan 2003

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Comment

Working...