Big Problem! Vertical stripes over video!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikard
    • Feb 2002

Big Problem! Vertical stripes over video!

Hi

I have a problem with avi (DivX), MPeg, and realvideo-files.

When I view these kinds of files in MediaPlayer, Playa, microDVD etc (Realplayer for realmedia) I get black stripes vertically all over the video window..the stripes are pretty thin but they make they make me feel like watching the video from a prison cell
    If a play fullscreen I would guess there are about 80 of these lines att even distances so you can understand that they ruin the experience...

I have recently gotten new Motherboard, RAM and CPU and also switched from W2k to XP but the problem remains..

I read about this somewhere and followed the advice to go down to 16bit colour and it helped a bit.. The lines are now at double distance from each other and there are half as many of them
    Not a solution...

If I use BSPlayer it works nice and if I use my RealMagic H+ for mpg-files it also works just fine...

I think this is a really weird problem and I sure hope that someone out there has a solution...

Thanks in advance..
    /Rikard

My System:
    Amd XP1600+
    256 MB DDR-RAM
    Asus GF2 GTS with latest Detonator drivers
    RealMagic H+ with latest drivers
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I'm not a hardware expert, but itsounds like you may have a faulty videocard...

Comment

• rikard
      • Feb 2002

Well..I´m absolutely no hardware expert either but can it really be a hardware fault when it works great in for example BSPlayer and the lines get twice as much video between them when i reduce the coulour depth?

It´s not some kind of "analog" disturbance as I see it, it looks just as like if you imported the video-shot into "Paint" and painted black one-pixel-wide lines each 5 pixel-line or so from top to bottom...

Still seems kind of wierd to me...

Thanks anyhow, I appreciate all help I can get...

/Rikard

Comment

Working...