Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • md_man
    • Apr 2002

Capturing sync problems

I have been trying to capturing from my vrc and have been having sync problmes. I have been using win producer and sony vegas 4 and both programs capture out of sync. when using vegas 4 after capturing 8min 30sec @24 fps there is an extra 22 frames of audio. the problem gets worst the longer the capture & the higher the frame rate. does anyone have any ideas as i have been tryin to fix the problem for some time and have been unsucsessful.
    Thanks
    Tim.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

try capturing with virtualdub and see if same happens.
    also if ur capturing in mpeg2 format that maybe the cause of drop frams u may be having. try capturing in avi format.

u may try videostudio 8 to see if u get sync trouble.

what comp speed do u have?
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• md_man
      • Apr 2002

thanks for replying

im running at amd xp 2200 (1.8Ghz) with 512mb ram pinnacle pc/tv capture card three 7200rpm hard drives. i've been look at forums on the capture card and a/s sync seems to be a problem with it but with definatly try was said above.

Cheers

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

is the audio bitrate individually variable to the video bitrate?
        I've never got round to capturing yet but I think I'd always go for an avi to get the data onto the drive fast, then worry about encoding at my leisure.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

ur specs are almost identical to mine.... and i never had any sync issues since i start using firewire instead of composite/svideo.

even if i capture realtime using video studio 7 or power director 3 i never get any sync prob....

but my usuall way is capture DV-AVI and edit with videostudio and then make mpeg2 using CinemaCraft Encoder, cause it makes my mpeg2 in almost realtime..... thats 10 mins video to mpeg2 in 12 mins .

Specs :
          AthlonXP 1800+, 512 MB DDR 333, on KT600
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...