X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haseldow
    • Feb 2002

Divxplus crashes in WinXP

Hi,

I can't seem to get divxplus to work with my H+ card. I can open a .AVI file, but whenever I press play dixplus crashes. I use AMD Athlon 1GHz with 256Mb memory. Anyone have any ideas, similar experiences or solutions to the problem? Could the problem be with WinXP or AMD?

-Haseldow
  • ritin_gadge
    • Nov 2001

Don't think that the problem is WinXP, I can't get it to work on either XP or 2k. I've got a Athlon 1.2GHz so it could be a AMD problem??
    bolt ya radge

Comment

• Haseldow
      • Feb 2002

HHPlus crashes also

Seems like this has something to do with H+, since HHPlus does exactly the same as Divxplus.

-Haseldow

Comment

• stealthmonkey
        • Feb 2002

Im using a Sony vaio FX501 1Ghz Duron 256 MB, with 8MB ATI 3d rage mobility and Winxp home. I get the same thing.

Most encoded Divx I have will only play for a few seconds then I get a stytem crash. Although I have managed to play a 1 or 2 o.k and non-divx avi's work o.k.

Whats H+ and has anyone got any idea how to workaround this problem.

Any reply welcome.

Thanks

Barry

Comment

• tfboy
          • Feb 2002

?? Stealthmonkey

If you're using a VAIO laptop, it cannot work. The HH+ or DivX Plus are designed as addons to the Hollywood Plus mpeg 2 card which you don't have because it's only available as a PCI card from Sigma Designs, or 'orrible Creative Labs !!!

Comment

• Ngezi
            • Mar 2002

Did you try other players?
            It seems this software is still in early stages. version 0.5 !
            It doesn't use the hardware on your H+ card at all and isn't promising any stability.
            Try HHplus, same engine apparently but they tried to fix some bugs..

Comment

• tfboy
              • Feb 2002

Result with HH+

I've tried the HH+ software and I get an error message like "MCI error". If I disable MCI extensions, I get the same result as with DivX+, i.e. a load of horizontal lines where the picture is kind of shown, but only in those very thin strips (one or two lines' worth of the video raster). This is irrespective of whether I chose PAL or NTSC (my tv supports both).

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Working...