Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ken4819
    • Jan 2002

problme with codec divx4.12

i am having a strange situation any help isgreatly appreciated.
    I am having a problme playing videos encoded with divx4.12.
    My problme is whe i use zoom player or twins video player - everything plays fine at normal screen yet when i select full screen i no longer get a smooth image the image is blurred and it doesn't play smooth it sorts of lag behind.
    When i use the playa the picture plays fine in full screen yet i get an audio sync problme whihc i do not get with the other two players.
    Also when i try to see the filters that are being used i notice that only the playa gives me the divx codec whils in the other i just get an mpeg codec or something - i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the divx 4.12 codec yet wiht no succes/
    Theo nly way found to play the videos is by using zoom player and selectind the svcd filter function.

Can anyone help me please i am desperate
    I have a pentuim 111 800 and 512mb ram matrox 32 mb g40 and soundbalster live value
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I use Yeahplayer. Try GDIVX.

Comment

• robster
      • Feb 2002

Dude, if the avi you are playing was encoded to a smaller resolution than you are attempting to view it at then you can expect a jerky view.

Comment

• TheShadow091
        • Jan 2002

I dont know the specs of your computer, but you might have to shut down a few programs running in the background. If the movie is on CD, try copying it to your Hard Drive.
        -TheShadow

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
        -Houdini

Comment

• burgoslu
          • Feb 2002

Matrox G400 playback problem perhaps ?

I belive this may aply to your problem:

===
          At the moment there is a small incompatibility between DivX , MS MPEG4, WM7, WM8 codecs and Matrox G400/G450 drivers/hardware. If movie's width is not exact multiple of 32 (like 720x???), clip will be played back without using video overlay. If video overlay is not used, clips are looking choppy and DVDMax can not be used.
          ====

Acording to

You can find the DivxG400 file to fix it in:

Regards.
          Last edited by burgoslu; 22 Feb 2002, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

What is the resolution of the movie? If it's too large, even a PIII 800 won't be able to play smoothly.

Comment

• ken4819
              • Jan 2002

thanks for all of you but fortunateyl i managed to solve the problem it had to do with my video card i just downlaoded the divxg400 that bugoslu told me and it worked great so i guess it had to do with my matrox g400 card
              thanks

Comment

Working...