Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Red Faction
    • May 2004

Green Spots during playback on ALL types of video

ive done so many days of researching but now im left no choice but to ask you people all for help.

Im running a new machine windows XP 3ghz 1gb ram with a Quadro XGL 750 and the first time i ran this machine i didnt get any weird anomales with my video but for some uknown reason any type of video I play including Mpg, Avi or QT will get these green dots during the middle playback. Even if im in a game (Like the intro to Command And conquer) Ill see these green spots in there too.

Im so frustrated i cant figure out what could possibly cause such a weird problem. I know these Video's dont have green spots on them because on every other PC in my house the dots arent there.. Ive tried installing the new DIVX codecs and FFDshow but nothing seems to get rid of them...

help!!
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

If you don't have the latest version of direct x try installing that. If that doesn't work check for updated drivers for your video card. IMO it sounds like a video card/driver problem.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Sounds like your video card isn't properly seated (or connected)...

Comment

• The Red Faction
        • May 2004

I have the latest Directx 9.0b installed.. it works just fine with all my games and everything. Im checking now to see if there is an updated driver but I doubt there is, if not.. ill have to physically inpsect how the video card is in there.. I hope its not a serious prob..

Comment

• The Red Faction
          • May 2004

Ok so ive installed The latest directx 9.0b and ive also installed the latest drivers from nvidia dated April 4th so they are quite recent compared to my last drivers.

The problem is still there!! I cant figure it out. I wish there was a way of finding out I dont have to format this computer just to get divx video's to work

Comment

• Soulhunter
            • Mar 2004

- Have you maybe overclocked your GC ???

- Is your GC running @ high temperatures ???

Coz thus sort of "artifacts" is mainly caused by overclocking and/or bad GPU cooling...

Bye
            Last edited by Soulhunter; 6 May 2004, 06:30 AM.

Member of E.V.I.L. Corp. 2003 ® - Website in progress...

Comment

• The Red Faction
              • May 2004

Id like to check out these problems but with my graphics card (Quadro 750xgl) there isnt any software that comes with the drivers to do any overclocking of any kind. I have very adequate circulation and coolign in my computer .. about 8 fans (It sounds like a jet engine in here!!!

Comment

• gdunne
                • May 2004

same issues

Just recently I've been getting the exact same issues, but the dots are consistent only on my secondary monitor. I recently got new monitors, and the problem persists, which helped me narrow it down to the NVIDIA drivers, however. Here's my setup:

NVIDIA Quadro 4 XGL 900
                ASUS mobo, 1.8gz, 1gb rdram
                Windows XP, fully patched
                Directx9.0

The card is running 1280x1024 with NVIDIA DualView on two 191T+ Samsung LCD's.

The problem appeared when I recently did a reinstall of Windows, and I downloaded and installed the newest nvidia display drivers.

Here's a few screenshots.

As you can see, when I drag windows around, purple dots persist on the interface. It is unacceptable. My next step is to contact nvidia and ask about compatibility with their drivers, my motherboard, and their card. This is a brand new problem.

If anyone has any other solutions, I'm game. I've tried installing the nvidia drivers from v41.09 all the way up to the current (56.72 at the time of this post). I'm also running UltraMon, my dual-head software.

Comment

Working...