Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • golfbc
    • Feb 2002

Divx playback to home theatre

I have beautiful divx movies that play well on my system. I would love to play these through my home theatre system. Media player just generates a RGB set of vertical bars (it will play the vob files but this is not much use).

Thanks for any assistance.
    Golfbc
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have beautiful divx movies that play well on my system"

What software are you using to play them "well", as opposed to only 'RGB vertical bars" on Media Player?

Have you tried installing the older v.6.4 of Windows Media Player on your system?

Comment

• golfbc
      • Feb 2002

Divx to home theatre
      I have tried several versions of media player. They all work on my PC but none generate a video signal to my TV. I can play individual vob files so I know the connections are good. I have a computer RGB connection on the back of my tv.....maybe that would work...but I doubt it. I appreciate your help.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I can play individual vob files so I know the connections are good."

What software are you using, that outputs properly to your TV, to play/display the .VOB files?

If it's WinDVD 3.xxx, you may not be aware that it is also capable of playing/displaying .AVI (including DivX-compressed .AVI) files, as well as DVDs, VCDs, SVCDs, MPEG1, and MPEG2 files.

If I've misunderstood what you're describing, feel free to clarify...

Comment

• golfbc
          • Feb 2002

Divx on Home theatre

It's been a long time since I used old versions of media player. I went back and installed the version that came with windows 98 ( I think its version 4.3 or 4.8). It works fine. Thanks for the tip. I'm moving on to try and acquire 5.1 sound.

All I can say is........I am not worthy.

Golfbc

Comment

Working...