X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrantReid
    • May 2004

OGM File - Sound Playback ????

Hello.

I'm a newbie to OGM files. Anyway, I've discovered what they are, and in theory how to play them. The problem is that I am not getting any audio when I play them through a standard player (Media player 9, Media Player Clasic or Zoom player).

After reinstalling every possible component and reading as much as is rationally possible about playing OGM files, I finally found a program called Graphedit. Very useful utility and nicely constructed.

So I opened up my file with graphedit, and the first that that struck me was that there was a lone filter with an input pin that was not connected to anything. (Audio Input Pin (rendered) Default DirectSound Device). After playing around with this for a while, I started to discover that my file does in fact contain sound. Great - I was excited.

The OGM file contains 2 audio streams. Both of which I can now make work inside Graphedit. But outside graphedit, I'm still in the abyss.

Can anybody help me out and tell me what I need to do to make my files play properly.

Some additional Info.

The original file pragh looks something like this.
    Ogg Spltr (Audio 1)->Vorbis Dcdr->Morgan Stream Switcher->TFM Audio Filter->Def DS Device
    (Audio 2)->Vorbis Dcdr->Morgan Stream Switcher-> (Same output as above)

Once I have connected the Default Sound Device, I can get Audio 1 to play (not audio 2). If I click switch on the stream switcher property page, I get nothing.

By taking out the stream switcher and connecting audio 2 directly to the TFM audio, I was able to get the audio 2 to play.

With a bit more work I have discovered the following works for both audio streams. But I have to click the switch stream property. I can't simply change the language from the sounds menu item.

2 Vorbis Decoders, 2 TFM Audio Filters and 2 Default Direct Sound Drivers. I did this because I believed that the stream switcher was causing the problem. It worked.

If I put the stream switcher directly after the ogg splitter, and then only have 1 vorbis decoder, 1 TFM Audio Filter and 1 DirectSound Device, this also works.

The moment, I put the Streamswitcher (as was in the original when the filed opened) after the vorbis decoder, the 1 audio track does not play until I switch the audio stream and then that stream plays with about 90% hiss and about 10% real sound.

GSpot says the following about the audio portion of the file.
    (S) --> Ogg Splitter --> Vorbis Decoder --> Morgan Stream Switcher --> (R)

What do I need to do to play this file in a normal player? Can somebody help me out?
    Thanks.
Working...