X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dog-god
    • Feb 2002

how do i turn .wmv into svcd ??

as you can tell im brand new so i hope im in the right place ,

a mate sent a tutorial (35mb) in .wmv format but i would like to turn it in a svcd that i can watch on tv in full screen

stand alone dvd is a Sony DAV-S500

what software ,
    do i need to encode to another format first
    whats the best for burning when done

ive tried with TMPGE which after 3 hours got a mpeg file and got 6 coasters
    and nero refuses to convert even with its svcd plugin
    also tried with GraphEdt ,i managed to get the audio out with this but no further,the tutorial didnt quite make it simple enough or i was missing some,

found it hard to get tutorials for this type of converstion

any and all help much appreciated
    Last edited by dog-god; 16 Feb 2002, 12:08 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you succeeded in making an MPEG with TMPGEnc that NERO "screwed up", I'd suggest that you try again with TMPGENc, as follows:

SVCD (by me)

To create an SVCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
    2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
    3) Click on "Setting" radio button
    4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG2-SuperVideoCD (VBR)" (from default of "MPEG1")
    5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 480x480, 352x288 or 352x240.
    6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
    7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 480x480, 352x288 or 352x240(Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG2" is okay) - for highest quality set "Motion Search Precision" to "Highest Quality".
    8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
    9) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than approximately 35 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your MPEG2-SuperVideo CD file into two or three (or more) parts. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG2-Super VideoCD (VBR)". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first portion, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second (and third, if necessary) new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Then use NERO only to burn the SVCD (not to create it, which you've already done).

Comment

• dog-god
      • Feb 2002

appreciate the quick reply but

the file i have is .wmv does this matter

the avi i was able to create out of it was only the audio part(GraphEdt)couldnt figure the last part of the tutorial

Digital Digest DivX XviD Articles, Guides Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI articles, guides and reviews , latest news and updates

can i just burn the mpeg file when im done
      without all the folders nero wanted to create

im sorry if you have answered these question already

the lenght is only about 20 mins so i wont have to worry about cutting this time around

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"the file i have is .wmv does this matter
        the avi i was able to create out of it was only the audio part"

"a mate sent a tutorial (35mb) in .wmv format ive tried with TMPGE which after 3 hours got a mpeg file"

Either you HAVE created an MPEG file from a .WMV format file or you haven't...

What does .AVI have to do with converting from .WMV to MPEG/SVCD?

Sorry, but perhaps another poster may better understand...

Comment

• Thrawn
          • Jan 2002

did u try insertin it in TMpeg Enc? i just did it and it worked fine (.wmv video file)
          The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• Thrawn
            • Jan 2002

if u got VCD / SVCD Mpeg1/2 video file U HAVE TO BURN IT WITH NERO using the VCD Wizard (other formats - VCD at beginning), and it creates these folders with 1 Dat-File i think which should be the video (for playback on DVD players)
            The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

Working...