X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kkurekli
    • Jul 2004

dv2avi

Hi,

I have recorded videos (from NTSC/PAL) with a Sony MiniDV device. When I transfer these videos to PC with firewire and Windows Movie Maker program the resulted files (.avi) are seen with resolutions of 720/480-720/576 (file->properties) but the files are not at this resolution (1/2x1/2 dowmsampled). I concluded on this result when I convert these avi files to bit map images with BlazeMediaConverter program. I have to find answer for "how and where" the videos are downsampled. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    K.Kurekli
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sounds like the only place this could be occurring is within your Windows Movie Maker program...

Comment

• kkurekli
      • Jul 2004

"Others" Playback Quality and "DV-AVI" Profile Name is selected in Windows Movie Maker program. These settings must give CCIR.601 frames, but there is a note in help files for the program.

"The profiles that have a display size of 640x480 pixels are only available when you are saving a movie directly to your computer. They are not available when you are recording video and audio, sending a movie to a Web server, etc."

I saw that when I connect the DV device only "video and audi" option is seen in "record" area. This may be the problem, I want to ask for an alternative program to record my videos.

Thank you.
      K.Kurekli

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

TRy the builtin capture software in (freeware) VirtualDub...

Comment

Working...