X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stormblade
    Video Editing Newbie
    • Jan 2002

Invalid Audio Stream

This is weird. On one computer someone created an avi from Powerpoint. I used Camtasia on one computer and was able to convert it to a flash (.swf) file.

I try doing this on a second computer with the same file and same version of Camtasia and during the conversion I get an error:

Invalid audio Stream

I click ok and it continues but the resulting file has no audio. The only time I was able to get it to work was to basically leave the audio uncompressed which of course made the file bigger.

Can someone tell me why I'm getting this error on one computer and not the other? Or perhaps just some trouble shooting pointers on this?
    My Awesome Computer System called Midnight
    The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it.
  • Stormblade
    Video Editing Newbie
    • Jan 2002

Just an update. I tried doing this again in safe mode and while I didn't get the error I also didn't get any audio in the flash file either.

I know it's something on my system. Some conflict or something because I was able to do this just fine on another computer. Not sure how to even debug this.
    The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it.

Comment

• Stormblade
      Video Editing Newbie
      • Jan 2002

Another update. I removed all codecs from my computer and re-installed one of them. This solved one problem I was having where Camtasia wouldn't exit normally after importing the video.

However, I can not encode using mp3. I can use uncompressed and I can use PCM without problem but if I choose Mp3 I have issues.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Do you HAVE an .MP3 codec installed on your system?

Comment

• Stormblade
          Video Editing Newbie
          • Jan 2002

The only codec I saw was Lame MP3 codec installed. I would have thought Camtasia would install it's own. Perhaps this is the trouble. Maybe I need a different MP3 codec?

Do you have one that you've used?

Also, this doesn't explain why two computers which I installed no codecs on work fine. Perhaps that Lame MP3 codec is actually causing trouble?

Edit: I checked using Ace Mega Pack's Dashboard and I saw 3 different MP3 codecs listed. I tried disabling them but I still got the error when I tried to encode using MP3
          Last edited by Stormblade; 12 Jul 2004, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I would have thought Camtasia would install it's own."

Nope...

Comment

• Stormblade
              Video Editing Newbie
              • Jan 2002

Still haven't solved the MP3 thing. Still get invalid audio stream any time I choose it when trying to create a flash movie.

I only have 3 options to choose from. MP3 (My preferred choice), ADPCM and uncompressed.

I can use ADPCM for now and I'm trying to find a nice setting that gives me a good size vs quality of sound. That's one reason I like using MP3.

Comment

Working...