Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zoors
    • Jul 2004

Warning for Trojan

This site has a link to a program called "BoliGego Codec Manager" and downloads the file "BCM104.EXE"

This file triggers Pestpatrol, who reporta a RAT, and heres a link that describes the problem:

Perhaps Mr Boliego could explain what he is twiddelin about with on freetime?
  • boligego
    • Oct 2004

no trojan/RAT in my code!

Hello, I am BoliGego and I assure you that there are no VIRII/RAT/Trojan in my code. Some anti-virus programs might find applications to be suspicious even though they are not.

All my codec manager do is generate an installscript using the info you select and then run the script. (I also add my program to the start menu) Thats roughly what it does.

Please tell me what anti-virus program you used, so I can figure out what is triggering the suspicious code. (Or what the anti-virus thinks is suspicious...)

Comment

• Zoors
      • Jul 2004

Certainly, Sir!

Pest control and termite treatment company in San Diego County. Since 1982, Pest Patrol is San Diego's best rodent, termite, and general control company.

I know som proggies can trigger a virus scanner, especially programs like Search & Destroy etc

But Pestpatrol rarely mistriggers. But it can do it. It dont like Gamespy for example

I just wanted to alert ppl if it was a real one.
      And I asked you to comment, I think that was fair?
      Last edited by Zoors; 13 Oct 2004, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• boligego
        • Oct 2004

hum... didnt find any pests with your antivirus app

I just downloaded PestPatrol Corporate Edition 5.0 and downloaded the updates for it. Unchecked the 'memory', 'coocies', 'registry' and 'common locations' and only checked the 'spesiffic paths', and made it check my install path of my codec manager. Nothing was found.

What have you done different?

Comment

• Zoors
          • Jul 2004

Im sorry, too long ago. I cannot find the file as its deleted, and you have to trust me, PP reported a RAT. Im not the kind of person talkin bad of software for no reason. It can have been added outside of your control maybe.

I just think its everybodys responsibility to warn about such stuff.
          Did you download the exact same file from this site?

Comment

Working...