Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lord Sesshoumar
    • Jul 2004

Couple problems..

I recently downloaded an MKV movie file Encoded in Xvid AC3 and well the sound works and everything.. but it plays extremely low.. I have to turn the speakers all the way up to even be able to hear well enough to watch the movie.. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Also, one more problem I have been having.. I have installed on my machine the following codecs: Koepi's Binaries, FFDshow, Matroska pack lite 1.0.2, And the Nimo Codec pack 5 build 7. I don't have any problems playing back video.. It's just with some movies/episodes I play the playback seems to be slightly darker then it was on my older machine. (Had basicly the same codecs installed on the machine I had before this and had no problems)

Can anyone help?
  • ChristianHJW
    matroska project member
    • May 2003

The matroska container has no influence on the sound level of the AC3 audio in this file. I assume you are using a lousy AC3 decoder filter, or you have DRC ( Dynamic Range Correction ) set to highest possible dynamic range, so that silent scenes become extremely silent and loud scenes extremely loud.

The matroska full pack will provide you with ac3filter, probably the best free AC3 decoder filters out there. Goto the config page of the filter and set DRC to 'medium' and things should be better ....
    Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

Working...