Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikehair
    • Jul 2004

Newbie - Capture Devices

I'm planning to begin backing up old tapes that I've had to burn them onto DVD's.

What I have is an extremely old Pinnacle TV Card, the Miro PC-TV. I doubt it will capture without dropping tons of frames. I want to purchse a new external device, but there are so many to choose from.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good overall product under $200 that can get the job done? I want to capture both PAL and NTSC and convert to DVD. I would prefer a device that enables capturing straight to MPEG-2 and also allows non-compressed capturing.

Thanks!
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I would prefer a device that enables capturing straight to MPEG-2 and also allows non-compressed capturing."

I have an Adaptec VideOh AVC-2210 (USB II). So far the device has performed admirably at capturing straight to mpeg-2 on the fly. It does not support "non-compressed capturing" though. I'm not so thrilled with the Sonic "MyDVD" software interface (which comes bundled with the device, and apparently is the only software that will work with it). It costs $149.00.

Comment

• nikehair
      • Jul 2004

Thanks...

Thanks for the reply. I would actually rather buy OEM or hardware without any software because I am going to be using this on a system that already has capture software, but I guess the software may be necessary for certain capture devices.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Thanks for the reply."

Glad to be of help

Comment

Working...