Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simpson
    • Feb 2002

How to convert vob into MPEG2 ???

I have some vob-files, that I would like to write on a DVD, so I can play them on a normal DVD player. How do you convert vob-files into DVD-format: MPEG2 ???? Is there any freeware programs out there, which can do that?

Hope you guys can help me. Thanx

Best regards,
    Jakob S.

PS./NB! The vob-files that I have contain both DTS, Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3) and Dolby Digital 2.0 sound.
    Last edited by simpson; 19 Feb 2002, 11:49 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The .VOB format is already the proper format for DVD.

What you need to do is use a DVD authoring program to create the other required files (.IFO, etc) for compiling a usable DVD. Then you need to burn your DVD. Then you have to be fortunate enough to have a DVD player that recognizes burned (as oppose dto commercial) DVDs.

Comment

• simpson
      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by setarip
      The .VOB format is already the proper format for DVD.

What you need to do is use a DVD authoring program to create the other required files (.IFO, etc) for compiling a usable DVD. Then you need to burn your DVD. Then you have to be fortunate enough to have a DVD player that recognizes burned (as oppose dto commercial) DVDs.
      Thanx. But how and where do I find such an authoring program, which can handle DTS and Dolby Digital, ect... ????

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

You can investigate the programs at this site, for a start:

digital, digest, dvd, divx, dvdr, dvd+r, dvd-r, rip, copy, ripping, convert, backup, back, up, shrink, xvid, software, download, news, guide, article

Comment

• simpson
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by setarip
          My pleasure ;>}

You can investigate the programs at this site, for a start:

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...authoring.html
          Thanx

Actually I had seen this page, but I couldn't figure out which program I should use. Well, I'll try looking into it again.

Comment

Working...