Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzyzuma
    • Aug 2004

Simple (I hope) question.

I am using an MSI video capture card (8606 Master) to capture video (in Mpeg2 DVD video format) from my VCR. I have been doing this for a while and have succesfully burnt many DVD-R's.

This is what bugs me:
    Lately, I haven't been around to watch some of the longer videos I am encoding so they go over (leaving a blue screen at the end). The files will play just fine but I am having problems editing the space out at the end. I have previously used Ulead Video Studio and TMPeg to edit but neither of these programs are co-operating anymore. I suspect it is because these files are bigger than ever at around 4.5 GB. They just hang when I try to input the start and stop times and/or slide the trim bars in place.

I could just burn these archives and live with the 20 minutes of blue space but that would really be a waste. I was reading up on AVI Synth but before I go dive into command lines and all I wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me.

Quick System specs:
    PIV 2.4Ghz
    768MB Rambus ram
    MSI Mobo

Thanks,
    Zuma
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"They just hang when I try to input the start and stop times and/or slide the trim bars in place."

Try editing the mpegs in "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than TMPGEnc). Use the "Chapter Cut Edit" feature.

Comment

• dizzyzuma
      • Aug 2004

Okay, I will try that. I have that program.

Comment

• dizzyzuma
        • Aug 2004

Oh man, that worked great! Thank you so much. That program rocks. I might just have to buy it after the demo expires.

Zuma

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"that worked great! Thank you so much."

Glad to be of help

Comment

Working...