• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MatrixQ
    • Aug 2004

lenght of wmv

Hello everyone.

I got a problem with a .wmv File.

I downloaded it from an FTP Server of a friend of mine, but my PC suddenly stopped working, and I had to reboot. After doing this, I resumed the download, but the program did seem to have a problem with this file after beeing crashed and all.
    I said to nmyself "There can only be the last moment, of the video, that it cant read. So let's cut it of and try again."
    So I got me a video splitter Program, and cut down the Video, that was on approximate 36 minutes to 35 minutes. The entire Video was meant to be 40+ minutes.
    I resumed the Download and this time it worked. But when I play the video now, it just playes up to the 35 minutes that it was cut down to, although there has been 15 MB that had been downloaded after i split the video.

Is there any chance to set the right length to the video, without downloading it again?
    The server only got 5KB downloadspeed and on a 100 MB File, the download did last a while.

I allready tried a few repair tools I found, but they all just cut the file down to the "right" when it was at 35 minutes.
    I definitely know that it is more than 35 minutes and i did not get the wrong file. It has to be something with the lenght that the Splitter set to the file automatically, and thats what I need to change.

I hope, you can help me,
    MatrixQ
  • Floppy

have you tried importing all the files into Windows Movie maker and joining all the files that way?

Is there any chance to set the right length to the video, without downloading it again?
    The server only got 5KB downloadspeed and on a 100 MB File, the download did last a while
    else fails try this:

WMV To AVI Converter Splitter,Leawo WMV to AVI Converter,AVI&WMV,Kina WMV To AVI Converter,MediaSanta Video to AVI WMV Converter,Top WMV To AVI Converter,MediaSanta WMV Converter,Abdio WMV Video Converter,Fab WMV to AVI,Free AVI MPEG Converter
    Last edited by Guest; 1 Sep 2004, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• wilyguy
      • Dec 2004

I have the same problem. I saved a file with a .mswmm extension to cd. I erased the original file from the computer. Now when I try to edit the file it says 'timeline error' / 'exceeds file size'. Is the data really there and recoverable? wilyguy@msn.com

Comment

Working...