Clear All
  • cscotty
    • Aug 2004

Newbie needs quick help!!!

Hey all. Here is the scenario I am in:

-new shrp vlwd255u digital camcorder
    -no software
    -no experience

What I want to do is to record a video, transfer it to my pc, edit the video, and burn it to a dvd disk for use in a standard DVD player.

1. What is the easiest yet professional software to use for GREAT quality?

2. Is roxio videowave 7 better to use than adobe priemer?

Thanks everyone for your help. I hope to contribute to the forums once I begin to learn.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Once you have shot and transfered your D/V to your hard drive, and assuming it is in a format such as mpeg or AVI, try the following:

1. Convert the AVI/mpeg file(s) to a DVD compliant mpeg-2 file(s) using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Use the DVD template (NTSC or PAL) form the "Project Wizard" to help you accomplish the task. (If your capturing device and or software already converts to a "Compliant" mpeg-2 file on the fly, then skip this step and go directly to step 2).

2. Then use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") to author the newly created mpeg-2 into a DVD-related file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). As an alternative, you can use "DVDLab" to author as well.

3. If the combined filesize of the project exceeds 4.37 Gig, use "DVD Shrink" or similar transcoding program to compress.

4. Use "Nero" or similar burning program to burn onto a DVD (r, rw) disk.

Please be advised that you have posted this thread altogether 3 different times. It is against the forum rules to "Cross-post".
    Last edited by ormonde; 27 Aug 2004, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• Floppy

I am kind of partial to Ulead VideoStudio 8.

I have tried a few such as pinnacle but Ulead is easy, complete and able.

I do quite a lot of Video and found Nero 6 as a lot to offer as a supporting program to Uleads Video studio. ormonde's tips are good too.

But I find to convert files Nerovision express 2 is great.

Your decision.

Comment

• cscotty
        • Aug 2004

THanks a lot for the replies. I will try these software titles and update you as to my progress. By the way, I apologize for the multiple threads.

Are any of these softwares free?

Thanks,
        Scott

Comment

• Floppy

Re: Newbie needs quick help!!!

Originally posted by cscotty

1. What is the easiest yet professional software to use for GREAT quality?

2. Is roxio videowave 7 better to use than adobe priemer?
          1. You cant have easy yet professional for free.

2.Ulead videoStudio 8 is a better package than all. (overall content,quality, ease of use, support, Price, etc...)

Is that good for you?

If you want to try them for free you can but the more stuff you install and unistall the worst it is for your computer.

but that is another story

Comment

Working...