Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandy404
    • Aug 2002

Sync/Jitter Issues using MPC

I am having problems playing a file using Media Player Classic (6.4.8.2). The file loads and plays but there is a very minor and irritating sync and jitter problem. There's the occasional jumped frame so for example when someone turns their head it jerks (Even when not in Fullscreen). This in itself would be tolerable but the movie has subtitles and so it tends to get behind itself making things very difficult to follow.

I decided to try and fix the problem with virtual dub but I found that it played fine using its internal player which suggests it's a problem with MPC.

The movie is encoded in DivX 5.0 and MP3 audio (128kbps). I've tried another DivX 5.0 video and it seems to have the same problem in MPC.

My Specs:
    Athlon 1.4
    256 RAM
    GeForce 2 MX
    Using K-Lite Codec Pack

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT

Problem solved. The video was encoded at 720x576 which is a tad high so I resized it and converted it to Low-Motion for good measure. However if anyone knows a good way to get rid of scanline artifacts then I would be grateful. I've already tried the de-interlace feature in VirtualDub without any success. Can someone recommend a different filter?
    Last edited by vandy404; 2 Sep 2004, 10:13 PM.
Working...