Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadocOwain
    • Sep 2004

Odd band on bottom of display - help!

Many video files I play back on my PC have some strange video band along the bottom, going the width of the screen and maybe 1/8" high. Anything with decent quality, it is noticeable. It doesn't matter what format - DivX, MPEG, DVD, it's there.

Anyone ever hear of a display driver causing something like that? I'm on Windows XP SP1 + patches, WMP9, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB vid card - 6.14.10.6451 is the driver.

The attached pic should show quite clearly the effect, that it is acting like it is trying to shift those pixels right of where they should be or something. Running 85Hz refresh rate, 32-bit color.

Anyone seen this or have any idea what might cause it?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • jeff_schiller
    • Oct 2004

I have the same problem and I believe it is due to capturing an analog video source. See these two links:

Comment

• Floppy

Hi

This happens when video is capture from a VCR like jeff_schiller mentions and can be resolved in many instants by adjusting the tracking on the VCR to remove that band b4 capture...

If however this files as reached you like this then there is always the croping of the video... Failing that I dont know...

I think Ulead VideoStudio 8 does this but I cant be sure...

Would u click on the vote link on my signature please, its a multiple option, free, and no strings attached, no information about yourself will be collected or needed....

Good Things

Comment

• jeff_schiller
        • Oct 2004

I use TMPGEnc and it allows you to crop portions of the video (on top, left, right and bottom edges) by any amount. This is what I use when getting video from a VHS tape (note: as far as I understand it, Laserdisc, Digital8 or DVD should not have this problem).

Comment

Working...