Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spurwien
    • Feb 2002

HELP! Can't play avi(divx) movie anymore

i downloaded an avi(divx) movie from the internet and everything seemed to be fine. after watching a while (with The Playa, Win. Media Player od ATI Mulitmedia Center File Player) i realised video and audio are going more and more out of synchronicity (audio is faster the longer i watch). in some postings in the internet i found out that there is a program which can fix the audio/video problem: Synchronizer v0.08b. i found no documentation to this prog and so i tried to use it. since then the avi file is no longer playable. it won't open in Win Media Player or ATI File Player. In The Playa it is possible to open it but the audio track only plays loops from a few seconds in the movie (very annoying!) although the video runs properly. when i tried to open it in Virtual Dub, an error message appears:
    "Virtual Dub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compability. This may introduce up to 64274 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate:102,9 +/- 14,7 kbps)". when i try to klick the play button, then virtual dub hangs up itself.

i'm not familiar with virtual dub an so i don't know what to do with this information.
    PLEASE can anybody help! i don't want to download the whole 700MBs of this movie again. my system: celeron 466, ATI AllInWonder Pro, Win2k
  • TheShadow091
    • Jan 2002

Sometimes i don't get you people! You spend days even weeks looking for solutions to movies problems rather than spend a few hours and re-download the movie or run our to your video store and grab yourself a rental.

-TheShadow

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
    -Houdini

Comment

• spurwien
      • Feb 2002

maybe this movie is not available in video stores,
      maybe the same problem happens again when i download it once more,
      maybe i want to learn a little bit about this topic...

Comment

• TheShadow091
        • Jan 2002

you're right video stores suck. If you downloaded it again and it still doesnt work, i really dont know what to tell you. Some movies are, simply enough, out of sync. You can try to demux the audio and then re-mux it and see if that helps otherwise i dont really know.
        -TheShadow

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
        -Houdini

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"i found no documentation to this prog and so i tried to use it. since then the avi file is no longer playable"

You've undoubtedly corrupted the file. A suggestion, if I may, for future reference: A cardinal rule regarding tinkering with files of any kind - always make a backup copy of the file before you start experimenting...

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

In addition to that, your CPU is probably not fast enough to maintain video/audio synch., esp. if the movie you're referring to is a high-resolution type, which is almost always the case nowadays.

Comment

Working...