X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perpex
    • Sep 2004

sync problems rendering with vegas 5

Hi all.
    I'm new in this forum, I hope this is the right place to post this question.
    I've acquired my minidv videos (recorded with a Sony handycam TRV33) and edited them with vegas5. Now I have to render the final project. I've tryed with Xvid codec (mp3 compression for audio) using middle quality settings. The filesize for a 1h video is 777Mb and that's perfect, but video and audio are out of sync...!
    I've tried many different settings but I can't find the right one. My conf is P4 2,4Ghz, ati radeon 9200, 512mb ram.
    If anyone could help me in finding the right rendering settings it would be appreciated.
    Thanks a lot.
    bye bye
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the .AVI (XviD-compressed or otherwise) file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...