X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • louischara
    • Oct 2004

Big Conversion Problems, NO CLUE

Hey everyone
    recently downloaded some decent quality stuff, anyways im trying to convert them to vcd or dvd files so i can play them on the dvd player on the tv. Now i use nero to convert them and i burn them as dvd or vcd, but the problem arises that when i play them on the dvd play the quality sucks, like half the screens pixels screw up and it freezes up and yeh lots of weird stuff. Now is the problem because of the conversion or because of the original file? and how can i fix it? and is it better converting them to dvd or vcd?

ALL information will be very useful. cheers
    Last edited by louischara; 2 Oct 2004, 02:24 PM.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Now is the problem because of the conversion or because of the original file"

When you download video from the Internet, you will always be subjected to someone else's efforts - that is what they have done with the files.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Multiple postings, such as this (posted in three different sub-forums here), are in violation of the rules of this forum...

Comment

• Floppy

Re: Big Conversion Problems, NO CLUE

Originally posted by louischara
        Hey everyone
        recently downloaded some decent quality stuff, anyways im trying to convert them to vcd or dvd files so i can play them on the dvd player on the tv. Now i use nero to convert them and i burn them as dvd or vcd, but the problem arises that when i play them on the dvd play the quality sucks, like half the screens pixels screw up and it freezes up and yeh lots of weird stuff. Now is the problem because of the conversion or because of the original file? and how can i fix it? and is it better converting them to dvd or vcd?

ALL information will be very useful. cheers
        Hello

Look at The Forum Rules 6.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

louischara: I've closed all your other duplicate posts. As you may have figured out by now, posting the same or similar message in multiple forums is against the forum rules, and people will most likely ignore your posts if they see duplicates.

As for your question, stuff you download from the net will usually be bad quality (and possibly illegal), so converting to VCD is usually the best choice. You might also try to convert to the VCD format before using Nero, eg. using TMPGEnc. This way, you can preview the encoding before doing burning.
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...