Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macy
    • Mar 2004

.avi to DVD

I have been having some trouble converting .avi files to encoded mpeg files (problems with audio lag - using TMPGEnc Mpeg Encoder) so I searched and found a program WinAVI Video Converter. This converts my files straight to DVD files (VTS_01_1, VTS_01_0.BUP etc etc) My problem/question is: I have a number of .avi files to do. How do I convert them all then put them all on one DVD. When I convert one, it creates the DVD files, when I do the next .avi file it creates the same file names and wants to overwrite the first ones. Does that make sense? What can I do, how do I do it??
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"when I do the next .avi file it creates the same file names and wants to overwrite the first ones."

Simply "Manually" change the outputted mpeg to a different filename.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Simply "Manually" change the outputted mpeg to a different filename."

This is incorrect, as the individual .AVIs are being directly converted to "DVD files (VTS_01_1, VTS_01_0.BUP etc etc)".

I would suggest that after the creation of each set of DVD files, you place the set into a new FOLDER/DIRECTORY (e.g. Place the first set into a folder named MOVIE1, place the second set into a folder namded MOVIE2, etc.).

You can then use an authoring program, such as "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc" and "TMPGEncPlus"), to place each set on a separate track of one DVD...

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

macy

Just curious, have you rectified the audio sync problem by using "WinAVI Video Converter" as opposed to "TMPGEnc"?

Comment

• macy
          • Mar 2004

.avi to dvd

"have you rectified the audio sync problem by using WinAVI Video Converter"

It seems fine now, no lag at all.

".. each set of DVD files, you place the set into a new FOLDER/DIRECTORY .... then use an authoring program, such as "TMPGEnc DVD Author"

I dont know whether I am doing this right but I tried that. I created 2 separate folders (one for each .avi file converted - File 1 & File 2) Each folder contains the relevant DVD files. I opened TMPGEnc DVD Author and went straight to "Write DVD Folder to DVD R/RW" From this point I tried the Browse option to add the 2 separate folders in the Target Path window but when I got to add the 2nd folder, it automatically asks to overwrite the 1st set of files. If I put the File 2 folder in File 1 folder then try it will let me add it to the Target Path window but I dont know how that will work as File 2 folder is set up as a branch of File 1. Does this make sense? What next??

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

As I said before, in TMPGEnc DVD Author, (under "Source setup") place each set on a separate track of one DVD (Select "Add new track")...
            Last edited by setarip; 20 Oct 2004, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• macy
              • Mar 2004

TMPGEnc DVD Author

"(under "Source setup") place each set on a separate track of one DVD (Select "Add new track")..."

I have gone into Source setup, Add file and placed all the DVD files from one set into Track 1. However, I get an error message saying 'This is an illegal video file.... for DVD standard you can only use MPEG-1 Video or MPEG-2 Video.

What is going wrong???

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"However, I get an error message saying 'This is an illegal video file"

Can you ingore this message and proceed?

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

It sounds like you are mistakenly trying to load your .AVI file(s) into TMPGEnc DVD Author...

Comment

Working...