X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pa_w_ll__
    • Oct 2004

Help! Double paned, green movies!

Hi,

I'm fairly new to this. I just downloaded the new DIVX (5.2.1?) from the divx website.. and when i try to play a movie, it loads, and the sound is fine, but i get a double paned video playback (side by side) and it has a green tint....

any ideas of whats going on?

thanks a lot,
    pa_w_ll___
  • ziadost
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

try downloading & installing the latest version of "ffdshow"
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Pa_w_ll__
      • Oct 2004

i did that... thanks.. still doesn't work.....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To Pa_w_ll__

Do the videos exhibit the same unusual behaviour if played under Windows Media Player?

Comment

• Pa_w_ll__
          • Oct 2004

Hi,

Yes. This happens in Divx player and Windows Media player.. but not in another player i downloaded....its very odd...and annoying..

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

If it's only one video that's behaving this way, forget about it (use the "other" player that you downloaded) and move on...

What's the movie title and how did you create the .AVI? What software and procedures did you use?

Comment

• Pa_w_ll__
              • Oct 2004

oh its just a movie i downloaded to watch... i would just forget it... but i think its a problem with my main codec or something.. i think the "other " program i have is an older codec.. so i may try to rollback the ones i have... i dont need super good ones for anything..

thanks a lot!

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"oh its just a movie i downloaded to watch"

Unfortunately, you have breached the forum rules by stating this. Read rule #6.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"thanks a lot!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Pa_w_ll__
                    • Oct 2004

" "oh its just a movie i downloaded to watch"

Unfortunately, you have breached the forum rules by stating this. Read rule #6."

no, no. I downloaded it from a friend of mine who is a film maker..its legit..

Comment

• ormonde
                      Digital Video Explorer
                      • Dec 2003

" I downloaded it from a friend of mine who is a film maker..its legit.."

My Apologies...

Comment

• ignignot
                        • Mar 2004

oh its just a movie i downloaded to watch... i would just forget it...
                        Even if it had been downloaded from Kazaa or some other source, mentioning it in this way does not breach the forum rules. People seem to jump all over forum users just because they mention the word "downloaded". Just because something was downloaded does not mean it has been pirated or is illegal.

The following posts are acceptable, and should be posted in their respective forums (eg. DivX - Encoding) :

If you only mention a video file (eg. "I downloaded an AVI file from Kazza" or "I downloaded a movie file from Kazza").

If you don't mention where you got the movie from (eg. "I have a movie and I want to burn it as a VCD")

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

To ignignot

To split hairs, saying "I downloaded a movie" IS saying from where you've obtained it (the Internet, P2P or otherwise) as opposed to, the acceptable example of, "I have a movie and I want to burn it as a VCD" - which could simply mean you've CREATED a VCD.

Thge primary purpose of the rules is to avoid any "authorities" from creating grief for "admin" - or pressuring him to close these extremely useful forums.

Although others may feel differently, it is probably safer to err on the side of conservatism, rather than to wake up one morning to discover that these forums have been shuttered...
                          Last edited by setarip; 22 Oct 2004, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...