Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • one_dano
    • Nov 2004

Software video switcher

I am doing a 3-camera shoot with miniDV firewire cameras. I would like to connect all three of theme to a PC via firewire and then use software to switch between the sources. I've tried using hardware switchers, but they don't work. The signal breaks every time I switch the source, so there are short black/fuzz bursts on the screen. I think software is the way to go, but I just can't seem to find any.

Also, it would be helpful if the software could do mpeg-2 encoding on the fly. My final product is a DVD so this would be helpful.

If you don't know of any software like this, can anyone recommend a good hardware switcher that won't break the signal every time I switch sources?

Thank you.
  • Floppy

Hi

I though a good video capture software would be enough to perform a switch between sources?! i.e. Ulead Video Studio 8 (my favorite)

If not the alternative is to capture the video from all sources indepedently and import them as needed in the sequence you require thus eliminating the problem all together..

About mpeg encoding all I can say is a good capture card that supports direct hardware mpeg encoding, this will not use any of the systems resources and be better quality and faster encoding since it is a dedicated harware encoding feature on the card... One of the one brands I like is Leadtek and the card a winfast PVR 2000.

Not exactly what your expecting, but I opted for this and it works fine for me...

Would u click on the vote link on my signature please, its a multiple option, free, and no strings attached, no information about yourself will be collected or needed....

Good things

Comment

• one_dano
      • Nov 2004

Video Toaster 4

Video toaster 4 does all that I need it too. The notion of capturing everything individually and then trimming it down is too time consuming for this task. A "live" methodology is needed, and that is what VT4 is designed to do. Here's the link:

Leader in innovation that fundamentally changes the way video is being created - The future of live production today with VMC, MediaDS, NDI Technology, TriCaster, 3Play, TalkShow with SkypeTX and LightWave 3D.

Comment

• Floppy

I bet it's not cheap.

Newtek Price : $ 3,494.50

Shipping Cost >

Video Toaster 4 - Educational - Integrated Production Suite, Uncompressed Video Editing, CG, 3D-Animation, Broadcast Graphics, Compositing & Effects Web Streaming - Win

Mfr # VT0920000401 • B&H # NEVT4E
        Availability : Special Order

I take it back, it is quite a good deal really! If you dont pay for it, eh?
        Last edited by Guest; 8 Nov 2004, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...