Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwokomole
    • Nov 2004

Quicktime video problem

I really need help. I reocorded 4 videos on my Olympus 5060WZ camera that are very very important. 3 out of 4 of the videos show up on the preview screen but the display screen turns off after it loads for about 10 seconds and sits idle. The top lcd of the camera flashes a number 253 continuously. Only one video works fine.

Then I tried uploading them to my computer and quicktime would not recognize those 3 videos. It says "Couldn't open file "*.mov" because it is not a file that Quicktime understands." Is there a quicktime fix program? Obviously there is some video because I see the first frame of the video as a preview on my camera. I know there is a DIVX Fix...is there a Quicktime fix? These videos are very important. Thanks.
  • MrKyoo
    • May 2004

See if this works.
    QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install the official QuickTime Player

Comment

• kwokomole
      • Nov 2004

I already tried that because it is still using the Quicktime codec to decode it. I think the MOV file is a slightly corrupted and I need to fix it first before I can play it.

Comment

• waynew
        • May 2005

Howdy! It's been awhile since you made this post, but I have a similar problem and have had equal trouble fixing it. I was hoping that you've found a solution. I've tried a few programs, and even hex editors, but am still stymied. Any luck?

Comment

• kwokomole
          • Nov 2004

nope...the files are still sitting on my computer...too bad video enthusiasts arent as interested in quicktime like they are with all those divx and xvid fixes...maybe in a few years haha

Comment

• waynew
            • May 2005

Crap. I'm surprised it's this difficult. I may well end up becoming a friggin' expert on QT and mp4 before I solve this. I have a white paper on QuickTime, and the format's far more complex than I would've guessed. Amazing what it can do. But that doesn't help matters.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. If I figure this out, I'll be sure to share my findings with you.

Comment

Working...