X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonar1
    • Oct 2004

VHS Capture trouble

Hey there,
    Hope someone can help. I've been trying to capture VHS tapes to my computer but I've been having trouble. The image has white lines at the top of the screen and flickers - it looks like a macrovision type problem but the tapes aren't copy protected. It worked once but now it'll capture for a little while and then starts to scramble. I have no problem capturing TV shows, but VHS is a problem. Any ideas? I have an ATI-9600 video card. I'm using Nero and the ATI multi media center to capture and it has the same effect. Also, it's the same with S-VHS and RCA plugs.
  • gary172
    • Sep 2004

The heads may be dirty (there are head cleaning 'tapes' for this, or the tracking needs to be adjusted (refer to the owners manual).
    ASUS P5K Deluxe, Q6700 + Thermalright Ultra120 Xtreme, ASUS EN8600GT, 2x1GB G.Skill 6400CL4D-2GBHK, 2 RAID-0 volumes, plus 1HD for O/S. Lian Li case.

Old system: IC7G-maxII, dual channel 512Meg, HT; 2.8P4; Plex 716A - F.W. 1.10; ICH5R Raid0; SilImg RAID0.

Comment

• gonar1
      • Oct 2004

Thanks for the reply, but it seems to be a problem with Macrovision. Many people have this same trouble.

Comment

Working...