Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JGDM
    • Nov 2004

playback-check dvd region

Hi. After backing up any film with Dvd-Shrink3.2 in a XP PRO SP2/AMD2800+/512/80GB/phlilips PBDV1640P D-L recorder , when playing back in a stand alone plyer i get "check disk-region disk" message. This after upgrading to SP2, but already have had this same problem before. At that time i solved it by reinstalling "Shrink" , but now alredy 5 dvd-r went to the trash can, only playable in the pc.....
    Can someone please help me??
    Thank you.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What region or regions are you setting when using DVD Shrink?

What region(s) does the standalone player play?

Comment

• JGDM
      • Nov 2004

Hi. i´ve tried all possibilities, free region, region 1,2,3,4 individually because i have a region 2 stand alone player and a multi region one also. Today i recopied some of my old backups usingonly nero ,and they went just fine, exelent. When i recopied them, but using shrink3.2 and 3.1.7 and burning with nero, i can only play them in the pc, in any stand alone player i get the message"check region code"...
      I dont know...i have two friends with exactly the same programs that i have and the same dvd+-rw and XP PRO SP2 and they burn just fine....
      My dvd drive (philips pbdv1640p dual layer) is region 2.
      I just dont get it....
      And believe me , i´ve brought some "experts" in computing and programming to see the problem and they all said it could only be from the dvd shrink...
      Is there any other program that i can use instead of shrink?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Re-post your question/problem in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forum(s) here...

Comment

Working...