Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • troydeon
    • Dec 2004

No Audio due to Wave PCM CODEC missin

I installed the AC3 Filter and got unexpected results, so I uninstalled it, and now Windows Media Player will not play many files. It says that I need - Codec "1" (this is the WaveFormat or FourCC identifier of the codec).

One sight lets me know that it is -
    WAVE form Registration Number (hex): 0x0001
    Codec ID in the IANA Namespace: audio/vnd.wave;codec=1

But I can't find where to download it, I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, system back up,

I wouln't care about the windows media player but Nero won't encode DIVX files to DVD now for me, but whats odd is that Nero player works on the files.

My COMPAQ recovery CD didn't work otherwise I would have already wiped the OS and started over -

Any suggestions?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If your O/S is Windows XP, perform a "System Recovery" back to the last time things were working properly...

Comment

• troydeon
      • Dec 2004

Got a CODEC pack to fix it

I got a CODEC pack and it fixed it.

Gy the way I tried the system recovery and I was unable to back it up to before the AC3 Filter was installed. I was able to back it up to before I uninstalled the filter, but after I tried to uninstall it again, I ran into the same problems, and this time could not back up to before.

I have ordered new recovery disks from HP/COMPAQ - there are times when you need to rebuild your computer, and I want to be ready.....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma!

Hopefully, from this codec pack, you've installed ONLY the codecs that you absolutely NEED...

Comment

• troydeon
          • Dec 2004

Well........

I did install almost every audio codec, - I do plan to wipe the drive as soon as my rebuild disks come in - so far no problems with the CODECs - this could actually be a good codec pack, I will keep watching for problems though.

Comment

Working...