Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinsple
    • Dec 2004

Help Please

I am new to this site, and I already love it. I have a small problem ... well huge. I filmed a friends wedding with a cannon XL1s and then I editted it with Adobe 6.0. I converted the file with the Adobe Mpeg converter. Now it is too big, and for some reason Roxio will not recognize the format. I either need advise on how to do this, or maybe a better program for burning mpeg files to DVD. Thank you for all of your help ... and this great site.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

You state that it is a mpeg file. Check to see if the file extension is mpg. If it is then you have to use a program such as Tmpgenc Dvd Author (my favorite) to make the necessary dvd files. If the results are to large use Dvdshrink to compress to proper size. Then burn.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) If not already DVD-compliant, use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the MPEG to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this (This step may not be necessary, if your MPEG-2 filies are already in DVD compliant format)

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• pinsple
        • Dec 2004

Thanks

I am working on encoding it again. The file was too big the last time I did it. THank you so much for the program references. Also one more question ... what if the file is an M2V file? WIll the program still work? Once again thank you so much.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

An .M2V file is a video stream. You should also have an accompanying .MP2 audiostream.

If so, you can still use the procedures I detailed...

Comment

Working...