Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • music man
    • Jan 2002

oceans 11...no sound

hi,ive got oceans 11 avi file but when i goto play it there is no sound playing .there is audio there but it cant be heard.it the properties box it says audio 384bps..ive tried loads of dvd players but still no sound..using winxp
    any suggestions on this
    many tx
    sean
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"the properties box it says audio 384bps..ive tried loads of dvd players but still no sound"

if in fact there truly is an audio stream (and not merely fake header information that you frequently get when downloading), it would appear to be in .AC3 format.

Try WinDVD v.3.xxx.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• music man
      • Jan 2002

tx 4 your help setrip but still no audio using win dvd3..this has got me confused tried everything even used virtual dub to extract the audio.thought i cracked it but when i went to play the audio nothin happened.video compression in properties box for the video says divxmpg v3 with audio bit rate at 384kbps..why why why...i will do it
      sean

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

As I said before, "If in fact there truly is an audio stream (and not merely fake header information that you frequently get when downloading)"

What is the filesize of the .AVI?

Comment

• music man
          • Jan 2002

its 700mb m8 what is strange is that virtual dub will extract the audio which is about 150mb but i cant play the wav file..the original audio is in ac3 format..been tryin 2 find a player that can play ac3 audio.

tx anyhow
          sean

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Try opening the movie using Flask 6 and use its Extract Audio to Wav... Feature. Worth trying anyway.

Comment

Working...