Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NextGen
    • Jan 2005

Uber brightness in al my movies

Ok im desperate, i dont know what i have to do to fix this, well here's my problem:

I love Xvid movies and i watch them all the time. well this morning when i tried to play an Xvid movie my video is just uber bright. the color is al messed up etc,
    it's almost white, and barely watch-able

And the strange thing is. It's on all my videos not only Xvid but also wmv and well every video file out there. and there's no way i can change it by changing the settings of my media player. and what's even stranger is the fact that it's everywhere on al my video players.
    i dont know how to fix it. and to make matters even worse, when i try to make a print screen ( using cyberlink powerDVD )
    and i open the print screen file THE VIDEO APEARS NORMAL no strange colors no uber brightness. so i cant show it to you.

i have no idea what to do. i tried re-installing my Xvid codec. and also installed DivX. i also have AC3filter installed but that never gave me problems before.

hopefully someone knows a solution to my big problem here!

thx in advance

Greets
    NextGen

EDIT: Forgot to mention that 12 hours ago everything was functioning properly.
    Last edited by NextGen; 15 Jan 2005, 04:22 AM.
  • solomani
    • Aug 2005

I have the exact same problem. Here is what I have done so far:

Uninstalling/reinstalling drivers.
    Upgrading/downgrading drivers.
    Codec packs (Nimo and Tsunami)
    Re-installing windows (quick)
    Re-installing windows (reformat)

Will try video drivers next. Failing that will re-install and add programs one at a time to see which is the culprit. I wouldnt be surprised if its a win-xp auto-update of some kind.

Comment

Working...