Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exodus
    • Jan 2005

Mastermind

what the he** is Mastermind and where can i get it? is there a way for me to play my DIVX CD/DVD's on my DVD player without a DivX certified DVD player?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"is there a way for me to play my DIVX CD/DVD's on my DVD player without a DivX certified DVD player?"

Not as far as I know...

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
      It Was The Dog, I Swear!
      • Nov 2003

"is there a way for me to play my DIVX CD/DVD's on my DVD player without a DivX certified DVD player?"

Sure there is, well, sort of, but it's a nice, lengthy process. Make a video CD's from your AVI's instead of just data cd's with AVI's on them.

Use Virtualdub to cut the AVI into segments no longer than 1:19:00, and to extract/ the audio to constant bitrate if necessary. Once that's done, feed your files into tmpegenc, converting it to a VCD compliant mpeg-1. 2 parts will be necessary for movies over 1 hour 19 minutes.

Use cd burning software to burn a 700 mb VIDEO CD (VCD formatted disk) from the output.

That cd will play on any DVD player that plays VCD or Video CD's.
      Last edited by DrinkOrDie; 9 Feb 2005, 06:09 PM.
      My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• Exodus
        • Jan 2005

can you email me with details on where to get that stuff and how to do it. thanks
        exodus2731@wmconnect.com

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Now that you're talking about CONVERTING your .AVIs (which, you understand, will NOT allow you to play your present PHYSICAL CDs/DVDs of .DivX-compressed .AVI files) to a different format, consider the following to convert to DVD format:

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
          (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
            It Was The Dog, I Swear!
            • Nov 2003

Keep in mind that I'm only recommending FREE versions of software I use daily. You can shoose to pay for "better" versions if you wish.

Virtualdub (or virtualdubMOD) is great for cutting AVI's into pieces precisely where you want to cut it. It's also great for extracting audio, correcting audio sync, re-encoding AVI's to a different AVI codec, etc. It's great for many projects, I use it everyday. When I want to convert an AVI to VCD, for example, I load the file into Vdub first in order to prepare it for tmpegenc. It can be found here, among other places:

I use virtualdub version 1.5.1 stable, found at the above website. Choose a download server location nearest you, and follow the directions to install.

Vdub helps me get the AVI ready, (CBR audio, no video stream errors) Then...

To convert the AVI to Mpeg, or video CD mpg...

I also use Tmpegenc FREE version 2.5 available at:

Get both programs. They are valuable tools for video projects. Seriously! I couldn't get by without them.

Good luck
            My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• Exodus
              • Jan 2005

I have downloaded the recommended material to no avail..I dont know how to use the isht!

Any help..nice

Thanks,
              Sean

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                • Nov 2003

Well you'll just have to learn like I, and everybody else who knows how did. It's not as hard as it might seem at first.

I'm going to assume you successfully installed the programs, but just don't know how to use them.

There are great guides / tutorials online that can help you master the software quickly. Follow the tutorials and you'll figure it out pretty quick. Once you learn it, you can become an expert with time.

For TMPEGnc try this site: http://www.dvdhelp.us/index.html?htm...html~mainFrame

For virtualdubmod try this site, it has links to guides near the bottom of the page, depending on what you want to accomplish:

For lots of other digital video guides try this site:

You are of course welcome search out other sites that have more info. The above links are just ones I have bookmarked and used before to guide me.

If you have trouble installing the files you downloaded (tmpegenc, and virtualdub I'll assume) Let us know.
                My toy:

Comment

Working...