X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheRedBaron
    • Jan 2005

WinAVI Prob

Hey all,

Lately I've been running WinAVI 5.8 to prepare some old .avi files for a DVD burn, I've noticed something odd. Occasionally, while converting, the 'framerate' indicator (the lil' blurb that shows how many frames of the film are being converted per second) will drop to zero and the process will apparently hang for a moment or two. Then, inexplicably, it will created another folder for the finished files and continue the process. I.E. While converting a file, framespeed will drop to 0 at, say, 5% of the conversion, hang, and then create a second folder and drop the rest of the converted files inside.

Thus I'll have one 'finished product' folder with the first 5% of the conversion and another finished product folder with the other 95% of the files. The two can't be combined as they're designed to be placed on two seperate disks.

I've noticed this with different files one splits at 5% the other at 98%, both are a little over a gig in size and both are .AVIs. Is it a file size issue? I'm leaning that way myself. Any suggestions?
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

It's a winavi issue. Because you have no control over bitrate, winavi arbitrarily makes 2 folders instead of one, and the whole encode is a waste of time.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• TheRedBaron
      • Jan 2005

Ah...okay, cool. Thanks

Comment

Working...