Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skywize
    • Mar 2002

DivX 5 problem - help required

I've tried to get help or even acknowledgement for this problem on divx.com last week, but over there nobody seems to give a crap or think maybe they should warn people about the buggy DivX5.

Last week a friend of mine and I installed DivX 5 on Windows XP Pro.
    The problem: When you play back an mpeg file in full screen mode in windows media player you get a slide show
    The movie will play fine until the controls (bottom left) and the status bar (top) go into hide mode.
    The bad thing about this is that uninstalling DivX 5 doesn't fix it.
    Reinstalling DivX 4.12 doesn't fix it either.

It would be nice already if someone else here with DivX 5 could confirm this problem.

(I know this isn't a divx playback issue, but it is caused by the codec and I just dunno which board here would be most suited for this)
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Just curious to know how you've determined with certainty that the DivX5 codec is the source of your problem when playing an MPEG video in the Windows Media Player...

What you've described sounds more like a system with too many things running in the background, too slow a CPU, and/or insufficient memory.

Comment

• skywize
      • Mar 2002

Well isn't this interesting NOW out of the blue everything works
      I almost think I just had to reboot
      (would be so nice if windows had told me to )

I kinda feel bad for my friend though...he decided to reinstall windows

BTW is it just me or doesn't WMP smooth over divx anymore in full screen?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

WMP seems to have this popular habit of making full screen display blocky, though you'll also find that, at other times, it does not do that. Other players don't have this problem and you can consider using them over the plain WMP, of course.

Hope I got your statement right.

Comment

Working...