Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vorador
    • Mar 2002

Sync - Troubles with DivX 5

I have ripped a DVD with FlaskMpeg XiS pro v3.0 with DivX 5 codec,and when I try to play the avi in any player it crashes or it is asynchronous..... Ive tryed to open the avi in Virtualdub 1.4.9., and it says that it is unsupported....How Can I re - synchronize that avi file... which software is needed to do that... Please... Help me...

My configuraton is:

Celeron 633MHz
    256 Mbram
    win 2000
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

It might be that your machine is a bit underpowered for divx5 playback, especially if you turned on all three mpeg-4 options, Q-pel and GMC seem to raise the CPU load quite alot.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Vorador
      • Mar 2002

Thanks for helping me.... It seem that you're right.... I have ripped that DVD once again using the same dvd ripper and the DivX 4.12 codec, and now I'm not having more troubles like the first time I ripped it with DivX 5...... Thanks once again.....

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

If you feel like experimenting, you might try encoding in divx5, with b-frames turned on, but with Q-pel and GMC turned off.

Of the three options b-framed gives the biggest quality improvement, while Q-pel and GMC appear to be the primary culprits when it comes to playback cpu load.

With all three options turned on, my 900 Celeron and 750 Duron both play without a hitch, but the cpu load is usually between 60% and 95%.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Vorador
          • Mar 2002

Thanks for the tip... I'll try it...

Comment

Working...