Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s0nic
    • Mar 2005

No sound when playing back recorded video using InterVideo WinDVD Creator

Hi. My problem is quite complex, but I will try to explain it as clearly as I can. Plus, I'm not quite sure if this is the correct place to post this, so apologies if it is not.

A few days ago I tried to record some video from my analog videocam using the Intervideo WinDVD creator bundled with my HP Pavillion desktop. i used the "record to harddisk" function, not straight to DVD. When recording, both audio and video were perfectly fine, But when i played the recorded files back there was no sound.

I then tried to record from TV (I have a TV wire connected to my capture card). Same problem. What's weird is that when I tried recording TV with Intervideo Home Theater, there are no playback problems at all. (I can't record off my videocam using that program, though.)

Then I got my hands on InterVideo WinDVD 2 and tried again, but I get the same problem as the original WinDVD. I have tried all the different audio output settings and none have worked. i have also downloaded the ffdshow codecs and checked the recorded MPEG files using GSpot. It's MPEG-2, however, but GSpot doesn't find anything wrong with the file after I rendered it.

Any help? This is starting to get frustrating =S Thank you.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It sounds like you don't have the proper audio-in settings turned ON on your sound card...

Comment

Working...