Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjatas
    • Apr 2005

No audio or video when playing AVI movies

Firstly, hello people I am new here. I have 3 problems. One problem I fixed just awhile ago and the other 2 I am still puzzled. First problem, I have downloaded AVI movies and when I play some of the movies in Windows Media Player 8, 9 or 10 I get a message saying "error downloading audio codec" somethign such as that. Now I download a program called AC3filter from the web (can't remember the site) and it works fine. All you need to do is download the program install it and that's it. And now the sound for almost all my AVI movies works. The only problem is some people have experienced problem with AC3filter and it didn't work for them, but for me it worked. Give it a try.

The next problem I have I still have to solve and can't seem to fix it. Maybe someone knows how to fix it. I have my PC P4 hook up from video out 64MB ATI card from coxoal cable to my TV to get my computer to show up there. I have many AVI movies on discs. When I hooked my PC to my TV everything works. I can see the desktop icons and so on. The only problem is that when I (most of the time) play an AVI movie and want to watch the movie on my TV it does not play, but I can see it on my computer no problem. I can not see it on my TV set. Why not? I can see everythign else on my TV that I see on my computer except the video. I tried many players such as DivX, WMP, Real and so on and still same problem. Why and how to fix it?

Now I also have another problem sorry for the long message. I burn any (usually) data AVI movies and DVD movies and sometimes when I burn (usually only slow speeds 1-4X). When the burning is done and I try to view the AVI movies on it I get a error. "Error reading data or corrupted files or data. I get some message such as that. Now, I read on the web that it happens when you burn DVD movies or data discs on DVD burners at speeds faster than 4X. But why do you get it and I want to get my info on the discs back. Is there any program to fix this problem?

THANKS!
    info@michaeljatas.ca
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

Firstly, that will work fine for avi's that have AC3 audio. Nothing else.

Second one, I have no idea. Look in the options for your video card's display.

Third, unless you have a player that can play DivX/XviD movies, it won't work. Many players can't even recognize an mpg.
    Learn how to encode, author, and burn a proper dvd, and they'll all work, even when you burn at 16x.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...